In this episode of Agri Matters, we speak to Dr Pasi Vainikka, co-founder and CEO of Solar Foods, a Finnish start-up that is literally making food out of thin air.
1) How air and electricity can come together through fermentation to replicate and replace the conventional process of growing plants
2) Taking concepts from space technology to engineer a food system solution for spaceship Earth
3) What does air protein taste like and how might it make its way to consumers?
In the 2nd part of our interview featuring Pasi Vainikka of Solar Foods, we dive deeper into how Solein will scale up and contribute to the de-carbonization of the wider food system.
1) The potential for air protein to be the nutrient feed for cultivated meat
2) The feasibility of producing proteins in space with Martian carbon dioxide
3) Upcoming production milestones for successful scaling
4) How their technology can enable carbon negative food production